CLICK FOR TODAY'S CARTOONS

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

We Republicans are In Real Trouble

I know that some of the more rabid supporters of Bachmann, Perry and Paul will call me a traitor or worse, but, if you listen to what these candidates actually say with just a little bit of wisdom and maturity, you realize that Michelle Bachmann, Rick Perry and Ron Paul are almost certifiable.

Mrs. Bachmann, there is no way we can move forward without raising the debt ceiling. We cannot possibly work our way out of this mess in a month. It’s going to take years and a fundamental change in the attitudes and expectations of voters.

Mr. Perry, we really don’t want to end Social Security or Medicare, and Ben Bernanke may be mistaken, but he’s not a traitor.

Mr. Paul, we really don’t want Iran to get nuclear weapons, and they are the threat in the Middle East, not America.

I have great reservations about what Mitt Romney would actually do as president, but he’s looking better and better to me all the time. I keep hoping Governor Christie will get in.

Labels:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

5 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

America's best and brightest are not running for President. So, pick anyone but BHO.

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger RussWilcox said...

That's the point - defeating BHO. I don't want us to end up with a candidate with the baggage of a Bob Dole or a John McCain. I want someone with some appeal to independents and to Republicans who are not on the extreme right.

 
At 7:25 AM, Anonymous Joe said...

I'm with you Russ on getting some electable candidates but I differ with you on the Federal debt ceiling.

Here's my analogy of the Federal debt ceiling and if you can answer this correctly, you can answer the question on what action to take on raising the Federal debt ceiling.

You come home from work and find there has been a sewer backup and you have sewage up to your ceilings. What do you do..raise the ceilings, or pump out the crap-?? :)

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger RussWilcox said...

Joe, first of all, you don't burn down the house, and there is no way you can pump out the sewerage instantly, you pump it out a little at a time.

Not raising the debt ceiling means the government essentially shuts down, and I hope you remember who was blamed for that the last time.

 
At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Sharon said...

Mitt Romney looks really good to me. I think I am going to join his campaign. Rick Perry is frightening. I like Bachmann, but if she can't even hire staffers who check facts on public statements, how could she run a government? She just looks like an idiot lately.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home