CAIR Does It Again
I have pointed out several times in the past that CAIR is an organization that claims to be concerned only with the rights of Muslims here in the U.S., but which supports world-wide terrorism in many ways. Right after the discovery of a plot by Muslims to blow up American jets on their way from Great Britain to the U.S., CAIR had this to say:
(WASHINGTON, D.C., 8/10/06) - A prominent national Islamic civil rights and advocacy group today expressed concern over President Bush's use of the term "Islamic fascists" in a news conference about the arrest of 21 suspects in a plot to bomb airliners flying between Britain and the United States.
In a letter to President Bush, Parvez Ahmed, board chairman of the Washington-based Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) wrote in part:
"American Muslims have consistently condemned all acts of terrorism, whether carried out by individuals, groups or states. We repudiate anyone who plans or carries out a terrorist act. The American Muslim community remains dedicated to the protection of our nation's security. . .
"Unfortunately, your statement this morning that America 'is at war with Islamic fascists' contributes to a rising level of hostility to Islam and the American-Muslim community. Just today, Gallup released a poll indicating that four out of ten Americans feel 'prejudice' toward Muslims.”
Nowhere in their statement, or in any other statement, did CAIR condemn this plot to blow up our airplanes – despite their statement that they condemn “all acts of terrorism”.
They are correct, however, in mentioning the poll results. In fact, the situation for Muslims in this country is getting much worse than even CAIR suggests. These were the complete results of that poll:
Nearly four in 10 Americans admit having feelings of prejudice against Muslims living in the U.S. – and are in favor of having Muslims carry a special ID, a new Gallup poll reveals.
Also, 22 percent of those surveyed said they would not like to have a Muslim as a neighbor.
Among the findings of the late-July USA Today/Gallup poll:
• 31 percent of respondents said they would feel nervous if they noticed a Muslim man on their airplane flight, and 18 percent would feel nervous about a Muslim woman flying with them.
• Less than half – 49 percent – feel that Muslims living in the U.S. are loyal to this country.
• 34 percent believe American Muslims are sympathetic to the al-Qaida terrorist organization.
• 40 percent of respondents said they believe Muslims in the U.S. are not respectful of other religions, and 44 percent said Muslims are too extreme in their religious beliefs.
• A slight majority – 52 percent – believe Muslims are not respectful of women.
• 39 percent said the U.S. should require Muslims to carry a special ID, and 57 percent believe they should undergo more intensive security checks at airports.
• 39 percent said they "have at least some feelings of prejudice against Muslims,” 59 percent said they did not, and 2 percent had no opinion.
Opinions are different, however, among Americans who are personally acquainted with a Muslim, the poll disclosed.
For example, only 10 percent of those who know a Muslim said they would not want one as a neighbor, and 24 percent believe Muslims should carry a special ID – compared to 50 percent among those who don’t know a Muslim. Newsmax.com
I would suggest to CAIR, that if they truly want to improve and protect the rights of American Muslims, they and all Muslims should rid this country of the Mullahs preaching hate against America, Israel and Jews, expose the groups that are plotting here to kill Americans, stop apologizing for the brutal acts committed by Muslims almost every day, cooperate with this country’s efforts to defend itself, and stop opposing the profiling of young Muslim men at airports and mass transit stations. All of the acts of terror carried out against Americans for the past 38 years since Bobby Kennedy was murdered have been carried out by Middle Eastern Muslim men between the ages of 17 and 40, and around the world there have been 5581 acts of murderous barbarism carried out by Islamic fascists since 9/11.
We continue to believe that the great majority of Muslims here and abroad are peaceful people who only want the same future for their children as the rest of us. However, they are the front line in the war on terrorism, and their inaction is hurting their own cause and killing us.