Summary of Reasons to Oppose Obamacare
In general, statists like Obama have been trying for decades to impose government run healthcare so that they can control everyone’s lives. No matter how limited the reach of any initial, enabling legislation, they will never stop trying to reach their basic goals – through future amendments, executive directives, and interpretations and decisions of regulators, and their goals are to put everyone under government care and include illegals and abortion.
1. Despite assurances from Obama on covering illegals and abortion, Democrats have put forth deceptive language in their bills that appear to prevent this coverage, but they have soundly defeated every amendment that would positively prevent such coverage. We might not like the way he did it, but Representative Wilson was absolutely right to point out that Obama is lying.
2. According to the CBO, Obamacare will result in more than a $1 Trillion deficit over the first 10 years, even though taxes will be raised and $500 Billion in Medicare cuts have been factored into the financing. President Obama is not being honest about this.
3. Despite the ridiculing of those who point this out, the main House bill, HR 3200, does in fact incorporate government panels that will determine who will be eligible for certain medical procedures. “Death Panels” is exactly the right name for this.
4. If you are young and healthy and choose not to have health insurance, you can be fined $3800 according to one Democrat bill.
5. Recent Medicare cuts have motivated some doctors and other health providers to stop taking Medicare patients. Since Obamacare is basically financed with the $500 Billion in Medicare cuts, there is no way that services to the elderly will not be curtailed severely.
6. HR 3200 authorizes the IRS to turn over the private tax records of American citizens to the administrators of Obamacare. This is outrageous.
7. HR 3200 authorizes government administrators to set insurance standards and then impose an 8% tax on every employer whose plan does not meet those standards. Since employer-paid health insurance costs more than the 8%, the effect of this will be to cause employers to opt for the tax – thus forcing all their employees into the government plan.
I could go on and on, but this will do for starters.
Democrats’ Health Care Bill Allows HHS to Include Abortion in Government-Run Health Plan
Posted by GOP Leader Press Office on September 11th, 2009 (Excerpt)
"In his speech to a Joint Session of Congress on Wednesday night, President Obama declared that under Democrats’ health care plan, “no federal dollars will be used to fund abortions,” calling reports to the contrary a “misunderstanding.” But the “misunderstanding” appears to be on the part of the White House. As written, the health care reform bill moving through the House of Representatives would allow the U.S. Secretary of Health & Human Services (HHS) to include abortion as a benefit in the government-run health care plan that President Obama and other Democratic leaders are proposing to create."