CLICK FOR TODAY'S CARTOONS

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Listening to Rush Limbaugh Less and Less

I have listened, almost religiously, to Rush Limbaugh since 1988, and I have long been one of his greatest admirers. I even used to arrange my teaching schedule with more early morning classes so I could be free to listen to more of his 12:00 noon to 3:00 PM broadcasts.

When I first discovered Rush it was a revelation to hear someone so articulate express political views that coincided with mine at a time when all you saw on the networks and read in the newspapers were asinine liberal views. It has also been wonderful to hear him occasionally launch into a passionate expression of patriotism and of the extraordinary exploits of many American heroes. I love my country and understand its greatness and history; in the face of so many ignoramuses who wish to tear it down, Rush has often brought tears to my eyes with his monologues that honor America.

Things began to change for me when Obama became president. Don’t misunderstand me; I agree completely with Rush that Obama has been a disaster as president, and that this country will not survive another Obama Presidency, but the constant Obama-bashing on Rush’s program has begun to wear very thin. This has been compounded by Rush’s support and making excuses for certain conservative Republican candidates, no matter how stupid they sound. This came to a head for me this week when Rush tried so hard to excuse Perry’s 53 seconds outage – an episode that I believe has ended his candidacy.

Of course, there has been a big change in how I get my information since I began with Rush. I have the internet, and I can hear both sides on Fox News now. I will still tune in to Rush occasionally, but my dependence on him is over.

Labels: ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

7 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Joe said...

I like Newt Gingrich because he's smart and he's a great debater. The thing I like most about him is that he's not afraid to put the press in their place when they try to play the gotcha game.
When I think back, both George Bush and John McCain were wimps when it came to defending themselves against these Liberal cut throat news reporters. Newt holds his own and I like that.
Perry on the other hand seems to be brain dead.

 
At 7:05 AM, Anonymous Joe said...

I like Rush Limbaugh and Dick Morris but I don't go along with their Presidential picks. Dick is pushing for Romney and I've had enough of that guy here in Ma. As I have mentioned many times in the past though, I've had to vote with one hand while holding my nose with the other. Maybe things will be different next year. Who knows?

 
At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo hear both sides on Fox News? You have to be kidding. Fox is so one sided it isn't even news just opinion 24/7. But then I guess that someone who admired Rush Limbaugh wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

 
At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I disagree with anonymous. Fox is certainly conservative slanted but a whole lot less biased than abc, cbs, nbc which are liberal driven.

steve

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Shoally said...

Understand that the main stream media has emphasised all their faults and even fabricated some. Fox is not really conservative, it is fairly liberal in its attacks. The most important thing to understand is who are the Marxist and who is financing them.

 
At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Understand that all the republicans except maybe Romney have been lied about by the Main Stream Media. Fox is not so conservative, at times it is fairly liberal. The host of this web site fails to appreciate Rush's need to push back against liberal enuendo. You cannot put four feet toward the sky.

 
At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Joe said...

The fact that Fox News has just as many Liberals working for them as they do Conservatives is living proof that Fox is fair and balanced.
When Bill O'Reilly takes time off from the Factor as he did about a week ago, he sometimes has Juan Williams filling in for him. Who could be more Liberal that him?
All I can say is this; Thank God I'm not getting a steady diet of people like him, Bob Beckle, Alan Colmes, and a few of the other Liberal weenies that frequent Fox or I'd quit watching that station. I sure as heck wouldn't watch NBC or CNN and that's for sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home