CLICK FOR TODAY'S CARTOONS

Sunday, August 23, 2009

An Ex-Marine Speaks Out at Healthcare Forum

I, David William Hedrick, a member of the silent majority, decided that I was not going to be silent anymore. So, I let U.S. Congressman Brian Baird have it. I was one questioner out of 38, that was called at random from an audience that started at 3,000 earlier in the evening. Not expecting to be called on, I quickly scratched what I wanted to say on a borrowed piece of paper and with a pen that I borrowed from someone else in the audience minutes before I spoke. So much for the planned talking points of the right wing conspiracy.

If video doesn't load, go here.

"Rep. Brian Baird (D-Wash.) apologized yesterday for accusing town hall protesters of "brown shirt tactics" and comparing them to a "lynch mob."

Baird, who originally decided against holding town hall meetings because of expected protests, now says he'll schedule some forums during the August recess.

"Frankly, I have had concerns about how we can have constructive dialogue and, unfortunately, in response to some of the things we've been seeing across the nation I have said some things myself that I regret," Baird said, according to the Tacoma News Tribune.

"I want to express that regret directly and announce that we will be holding a series of five town halls so people can express their opinions and ask questions.""

Cross-posted from TheAstuteBloggers.com

Labels:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home