CLICK FOR TODAY'S CARTOONS

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Some May, 2008 Musings

Don’t call me a racist because I point out inconvenient facts about Senator Obama. Almost before Obama was born, I was the Campaign Coordinator in Bristol County, Massachusetts for Senator Edward Brooke, the first elected African-American senator in the United States after Reconstruction. Don’t call me a racist when 91% of the black vote is going for Senator Obama. Now that is racist!

I would be proud to vote for the first black person ever to become President of this great country, but I am not going to vote for a radical liberal whose program and policies would wreck our economy, which, despite the Democrat propaganda, has been outstanding under Bush, and whose foreign policy would invite more 9/11’s. I am not going to vote for a person whose close associates and wife preach hatred for America or participated in terror-bombings, and who refuses to honor our flag.

Be that as it may, after listening to O’Reilly’s interview with Senator McCain, I called up my friend, Mason, and we made a date for next November’s election day to meet and get drunk on Scotch after we voted for McCain. I was so disgusted with his comments on immigration, global warming and oil drilling that I had to turn it off.

At least the unthinking, emotion-driven efforts to turn foodstuffs into ethanol and to destroy our economy over so-called, man-made global warming do seem to be slowing down. Perhaps poor villagers in third-world countries have some chance for a better life after all. Many of them are still alive because DDT is back in use.

As a conservative, I have always believed that free trade leads to a bigger pot for everyone. However, I have come to the conclusion that we must protect our automobile and airplane manufacturing industries from further decline. These industries are both critical to our national security; the role of the airplane industry is obvious, and the awarding of a contract that involves farming out critical component work to France must be cancelled and given to Boeing. The competition was unfair, and Senator McCain should not have meddled. The role of the automobile industry may not be so obvious to those not familiar with it. The manufacture of automobiles involves the design and production of thousands of parts made from steel, aluminum, non-ferrous alloys, plastic, glass, rubber and many other materials. Many thousands of subcontractors draw their business and keep their technical competence by means of the automobile industry in the fields of castings, moldings, forgings, stampings, machined parts, plating, coatings, heat-treating, electronics and many other areas of expertise. If we lose these capabilities, we lose the future ability to field an army well-supplied with the most advanced equipment possible.

Labels:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

1 Comments:

At 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've said this before and I'll say it again. McCain is nothing but a weasel, but I'm compelled as you are, to vote for him. I just don't want any part of those other two.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home