CLICK FOR TODAY'S CARTOONS

Monday, July 11, 2005

Ted Williams Head

I have sent the following e-mail to Republican leaders in Congress and to President Bush: "I have been a conservative Republican for many years and an active supporter of President Bush. If you examine your records you will find that I have made substantial contributions to both of the President’s campaigns and also to the Swift Boat Veterans. I am outraged, however, and ready to withdraw my support for you over the issue of Ted Williams’ head.

Even though a Florida court found that Ted Williams desired that his head be removed after his death and frozen cryogenically in the hope that future scientific advances would be able to bring him back to life fully cured, I demand that Congress and the President intercede to remove his head from cryogenic storage and bury it. Issues like this are none of the business of individual families and state courts. They can only be fairly handled by Congress and the President of the United States. Families and state courts do not have the expertise to deal with moral and civil issues like this or even the Terri Schiavo case.

I know we used to be a republic where issues like this were reserved to the states to handle, but from listening to the cable news talk shows, I can tell that technology has rendered state laws and procedures obsolete. I can also tell from watching the edited video of Mrs. Schiavo that she is almost ready to emerge from the state she has been in for the past 15 years, and the 19 Florida judges who have heard and ruled on this case obviously only want her dead for nefarious reasons of their own. Finally, I am sending all of you a copy of my own personal Living Will so that when and if my time comes, you will know what I intend and will stay out of my family’s personal business. "

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home