CLICK FOR TODAY'S CARTOONS

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

George Zimmerman and Me


I’m sure I’m not alone in having some of the thoughts I had during George Zimmerman’s ordeal in Orlando after the tragic shooting of Trayvon Martin.  My main thought was, “If I ever have to defend myself against an African-American trying to maim or kill me, will I have to go through what Zimmerman went through?”  After all, if you are aware of the crime statistics, it’s almost a certainty that any criminal event threatening me will be carried out by an African-American youth.

Will the President of the United States publicly take the side of the African-American; will NBC and ABC doctor the 911 call to make me out to be a racist; will the actions of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton cause the investigative results of the local police force to be over-ruled (only to be confirmed during the trial), and all the powers of the government arraigned against me regardless of the facts?

Mr. Zimmerman is much in the news these days because he has been acting completely out-of-character with the testimony several witnesses gave at his trial.  I believe Mr. Zimmerman may have developed PTSD during his terrible ordeal similar to the malady suffered by many soldiers in a combat situation.  I feel sorry for Mr. Zimmerman and hope he can get help and have some semblance of a normal life one day.

Labels: , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

2 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PTSD? Give me a break! You backed a violent thug who got away with murder, and now you're trying to excuse his subsequent violence by claiming he was made ill by his own murderous actions.

You don't seem to have any sense of justice.

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger RussWilcox said...

Obviously the above commenter did not follow the trial testimony at all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home