CLICK FOR TODAY'S CARTOONS

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Why the Polls Are Way Off


When I see polls that show Obama leading or tying Romney, I think back to two experiences I had in 2008, both occurring on Route 75 in Florida. Both times I had McCain bumper stickers on my rear bumper, and both times cars with Obama stickers on tried to run me off the road.

What brought this to mind is an article in today’s American Thinker concerning the reluctance of Romney supporters to put Romney stickers on their cars or Romney signs in front of their houses. People who do are having their cars keyed or their tires slashed or worse.

I think the fear of some sort of retaliation is also showing up in poll results. After all there have been several reports of Romney donors being targeted by federal agencies and/or being outed on websites. Here is one of the reports from Fox News:

“An Idaho businessman singled out by the Obama campaign for giving $1 million in support of Mitt Romney is now the focus of IRS and Labor Department audits.

Frank VanderSloot, in an interview with FoxNews.com on Tuesday, said he received the initial audit notice from the IRS last month. Two weeks later, he got one from the Labor Department stating the agency would be looking into records related to foreign employees working at his Idaho Falls cattle ranch.

It might all be a coincidence, he said -- but the timing was peculiar.

VanderSloot gave the pro-Romney money last year to the super PAC “Restore of Future.” Then in April, he was identified along with seven other donors on an Obama campaign website as “wealthy individuals with less-than-reputable records.”

At the time, VanderSloot spoke out and accused the campaign of targeting him unfairly. Then came the audits.”  FoxNews

I am making contributions to Romney on his website, but I am not going to display a bumper sticker or a sign. If I am polled, I am going to say that I am undecided. People who read my blog are well aware of the candidate and party I support.






AddThis Social Bookmark Button

1 Comments:

At 4:18 AM, Anonymous Joe said...

I have to agree with you 100 percent. I myself have been reluctant to display an anti Obama sticker on my vehicle and I have dispayed anti Gore signs on my vehicle in the past. I used to remove them when I parked the vehicle just in case.
It's true that certain individuals and companies are being targeted by the Feds. Gibson Guitar Mfg has been targeted twice by the Obama Administration. There is no doubt about it. Obama and his Chicago thugs are very vindictive. This is just one of the many reasons why I pray that we'll soon be rid of him and his corrupt ilk.
I'm not one to contribute to political parties or candidates but last week I sent Romney a $5.00 contribution because I want to display a Rommey/Ryan sticker on my truck. I'm beginning to see these stickers on cars in my city and I want to see more of them. I refuse to cower to these stinking Liberal thugs. Maybe someone will key my truck or break my window, I don't know but I won't be silenced. By the same token I can understand why people may have concerns about displaying conservative bumper stickers and I respect their decision.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home