Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Issue of Obama’s Birthplace Won’t Go Away

Fair-minded people are still baffled by Obama’s refusal to clear up the continuing controversy over his birthplace, and by his determination to stop every attempt to delve into this matter through harassment and costly litigation. He is reported to have spent over a million dollars in legal fees fighting the determination of this issue.

His relatives have testified that he was born in Kenya, but not under oath. His original birth certificate has been withheld; what are we to believe? Our Constitution clearly states that a person born on foreign soil when only one parent is a USA citizen cannot become President.

Other citizens have filed suit to resolve this matter; all have had their cases dismissed due to “lack of standing”, which seems odd in a case of this sort. It really begins to appear that our courts, long known to follow election returns, simply do not wish to engage on this matter. Now comes the mysterious case of the soldier’s cancelled orders:

Retired general, lieutenant colonel join reservist’s lawsuit over Obama's birth status

By Lily Gordon Jul. 16, 2009 Ledger-Enquirer

A controversial suit brought by a U.S. Army reservist has been joined by a retired Army two-star general and an active reserve Air Force lieutenant colonel.

Maj. Stefan Frederick Cook filed the suit July 8 in federal court here asking for conscientious objector status and a preliminary injunction based upon his belief that President Barack Obama is not a natural-born citizen of the United States and is therefore ineligible to serve as president of the United States and commander-in-chief of the U.S. Armed Forces.

However, before the issue got to court, Cook’s orders to deploy to Afghanistan were revoked. Lt. Col. Maria Quon, a public affairs officer with the U.S. Army Human Resources Command-St. Louis, said Tuesday that Cook was no longer expected to report Wednesday to MacDill Air Force Base in Florida for mobilization to active duty. Cook, who claims he is now the victim of retaliation due to his suit, received his mobilization orders to report for active duty at MacDill on Wednesday. From there, he was to go to Fort Benning on Saturday for deployment to Afghanistan.

Cook is an Individual Mobilization Augmentee. This means he’s a reserve soldier assigned to an active component unit consisting of active duty soldiers instead of a reserve unit, which is composed entirely of reserve soldiers. He is assigned to the U.S. Army Element of U.S. Southern Command.

Last week, Cook filed a request in federal court seeking a temporary restraining order and status as a conscientious objector represented by California attorney Orly Taitz.

The government, in its response to the suit, claims that Cook’s suit is “moot” in that he already has been told he doesn’t have to go to Afghanistan, so the relief he is seeking has been granted.

“The Commanding General of SOCCENT (U.S. Special Operations Central Command) has determined that he does not want the services of Major Cook, and has revoked his deployment orders,” the response states.

In a pleading revised after the revocation of Cook’s orders, Taitz argues that the application for preliminary injunction is not moot and that retired Maj. Gen. Carol Dean Childers and active U.S. Air Force reservist Lt. Col. David Earl Graeff have joined the suit “because it is a matter of unparalleled public interest and importance and because it is clearly a matter arising from issues of a recurring nature that will escape review unless the Court exercises its discretionary jurisdiction.”

Cook’s resubmitted Application for Preliminary Injunction is meant to encompass the possibility of Cook receiving future orders for deployment as well as to address and prevent “negative collateral consequences such as retaliation against Major Stefan Frederick Cook ...”

As to the retaliation issue, the revised suit states Cook lost his job at Simtech Inc., a corporation that does Department of Defense contracting in the field of information technology/systems integration, because of the suit. It also states that Cook has been subjected to “gossip” from people who believed Cook was “manipulating his deployment orders to create a platform for political purposes.”

Taitz, who has challenged the legitimacy of Obama’s presidency in other courts, filed the original suit with the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia. Two similar suits have previously been thrown out of federal court.

In the filing, Cook states he “would be acting in violation of international law by engaging in military actions outside the United States under this President’s command. … simultaneously subjecting himself to possible prosecution as a war criminal by the faithful execution of these duties.”

A hearing to discuss Cook’s requests is scheduled to take place in federal court here this morning at 9:30 a.m.


AddThis Social Bookmark Button


At 7:19 AM, Blogger Bluegrass Pundit said...

You have to wonder why he doesn't release his original birth certificate and college records. The hospital where he claims he was born could clear this up today if Obama would fax them a release of his hippa rights. Instead, Obama lets this controversy linger. Why?

Bluegrass Pundit

At 7:19 AM, Blogger Bluegrass Pundit said...

I gave your blog a follow for being one of the few brave enough to post on this issue.

At 8:27 AM, Blogger René O'Deay said...

You don't have to wonder, it is very obvious. All who support BHO scathingly call everyone who questions this 'birthers' as if they are all mad as hatters.
Guess I'm a 'birther' too, and I did give birth to a son.

At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Joe said...

I'm very incredulous about Obama being exposed. They're all in the tank for Obama. They keep blocking an investigation into ACORN in the same way. I for one would love to see Obama out of there right now, even if it means getting stuck with a stupid buffoon such as Joe Biden. At least Joe is good for a laugh. I've said this before and I'll say it again; Barack Obama is so dangerous that it's scary.

At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg, doncha know that 'mercica is protected by WHITE JESUS...therefer all negro babaies is instantly transported back ta africa when they born and have to come back into the US. so no negra baby is from the US because of WHITE JESUS.

At 1:45 PM, Blogger RussWilcox said...

It's no wonder that you are anonomous.

At 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Iwouldn't put my name on that blog either?

At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This birth certificate thing is hilarious. You're making yourselves the laughingstocks of the entire world.

Please, get a life.

At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, why do the Canadians come to America for health care? because there socialist health care sucks. Obama does not need to be leading troops! he has never served himself so he just sucks. i could go on for hours but i don't have room he just sucks, we miss you goerge w. -the troops by the way change sucks too...


Post a Comment

<< Home