CLICK FOR TODAY'S CARTOONS

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Please Support Pickens Plan on Natural Gas

After first being critical of T. Boone Pickens well-publicized plan for wind turbines and the use of compressed natural gas (CNG) for vehicles, I reconsidered that part of his plan involving CNG and supported it. The reason I changed my mind about the use of CNG for cars and trucks was the publication of data indicating that immense amounts of natural gas deposits have now been found within the United States – and at costs that will make its use in vehicles far less than gasoline. CNG also creates much less pollution than gasoline.

I ask my readers to check out a site that explains the details of this issue located here. I also ask my readers to contact their Congressmen and demand support for this additional energy source in our drive to achieve energy independence for our country. You can use the banner on the lower right side of this page.

Labels:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

1 Comments:

At 6:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here in Upstate Western New York we have thousands of natural gas wells that were drilled 20 years ago, mostly in rural farm areas. To this day many of the land owners say most of the wells are capped, and most sit idle. Many of us wonder why our vast supply is not being utilized.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home