CLICK FOR TODAY'S CARTOONS

Sunday, April 01, 2007

A Clash of Centuries, Not Religions

A video of a Muslim – anti-Muslim debate.
Recently I wrote that I thought Muslim women might be the ones who force a change in the followers of Islam – who might lead them into the 21st century. I mentioned women like Homa Arjomand, the courageous Canadian immigrant from Iran who was instrumental in defeating the imposition of the Sharia there.

There is also Maryam Namazie, a former Iranian, who, despite her anti-American views, is to be commended for leading a fight to save Nazanin Fatehi from execution by the Islamic Republic of Iran, and who is a leader in the resistance to the regime currently in power in Iran.

And I wrote also of Ayaan Hirsi Ali, perhaps the most courageous woman in the world today, who appears often in forums and on TV to describe the circumstances faced by Muslim women today.

To that list I would like to add an Arab-American psychiatrist named, Wafa Sultan, who engaged in the debate shown in the short video link here.

Please try again later if the link doesn't work. The site sometimes experiences overloads.

Labels:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

1 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad that she is not my enemy.

Ted

 

Post a Comment

<< Home