Liberals, Try This Just For the Sake of Argument
Just for the sake of argument, are there any liberal Democrats or other liberals out there who can momentarily lay aside their views on several issues and just consider these possibilities?
Suppose (again, for the sake of argument):
1. That in Florida in November, 2000, Katherine Harris was correct in understanding and carrying out Florida law, and that the twelve investigations by newspaper journalists were correct in concluding that Bush won under every scenario.
2. That the Israeli and Iraqi generals and the Saddam tapes are telling the truth about the weapons of mass destruction, that the WMD were on hand just before Operation Iraqi Freedom and were shipped to Syria, which is also ruled by a Baathist party, and that Saddam was continuing to restore his nuclear weapons development program.
3. That the captured tapes, documents and CDs and Able Danger data mining results that show Saddam’s extensive support for Islamic terrorists are accurate.
4. That with the world’s oil supplies peaking as world consumption explodes, it might be a good idea to nurture a friendly democracy in the most highly educated Muslim country in the Mideast – which just happens to straddle most of the world’s oil.
5. That the effort to establish a democracy in Iraq (completely contrary to Sharia Islamic law) might draw many of the world’s organized Muslim terrorists there and divert them from attacking us on US soil, and that the Iraqis will deal with the sectarian strife as they put their new government in place.
6. That the “hockey stick” data underpinning global warming fears are invalid, and the temperature data showing a long series of warming and cooling cycles (including the ‘little ice age’) taking place over thousands of years are reasonably valid.
7. That the predictions by all actuarial experts that the Social Security program is in serious trouble and will require large tax increases and/or large benefit cuts for most baby-boomers are a harbinger of a disaster that should be addressed now.
Would you therefore continue to obstruct and undermine the President on every front including 1. the war against Islamofascist terrorists, 2. the efforts (not including Kyoto) to reduce greenhouse gases by going nuclear and 3. the efforts to restructure Social Security? Would you continue to call President Bush a “liar”, a “Hitler”, a “terrorist”, insult our troops, disclose and publicize secret intelligence programs and call for our immediate withdrawal and surrender in Iraq? Or would you act somewhat differently?
If the answer is yes, that you would act somewhat differently, you give me heart to continue to try to get out the truth as I see it, and possibly reach you, drip by drip. If the answer is no, I wonder why you bother to listen to any news and information source, when you can find out everything you need to know from Michael Moore and Cindy Sheehan.