CLICK FOR TODAY'S CARTOONS

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

They Do Hate America and We Will All Pay the Price

When President Clinton decided to bomb the Serbs and to protect the Bosnians and also protect the Albanians who were flooding into Kosovo, I supported him although I had reservations. After all weren’t the Serbs on our side in World War II, and weren’t they Christians fighting off Muslims? Didn’t Serbs save Jews from the Holocaust killings carried out by Bosnians? I supported him because I didn’t really understand that the conflict in the former Yugoslavia was really part of the world-wide battle against Islamic jihad. I supported him because he was the President of the United States, and an American citizen should support their president in foreign affairs regardless of party affiliation.

I supported him because I didn’t understand that the American and European left were allies of the Muslim terrorists. I have only come to understand rather late in life just how vicious and dangerous and anti-American the American far left has become.

I never knew there were Americans who hated America until I semi-retired from business and became a college professor. I attribute this to the fact that my circle of friends and acquaintances were people like me – people who worked in or owned businesses and who were mission-oriented. In other words, if they didn’t own the business, they were like Sergeant Killer McCoy*: they focused on accomplishing the goals of the organization they worked for – not on moaning about their lot in life or blaming others for their perceived sense of the unfairness of it all, and they didn’t find joy when things went wrong for their employer.

Of course, back then, I knew the positions of people like Ted Kennedy or John Kerry, but I never took them seriously. I always thought that they were posturing – advancing causes that would get them votes, not causes that they could possibly believe in. Even Kerry’s outrageous slander of American soldiers in Vietnam I took to be political posturing of the worst sort. It was not until I came into close contact with academics that I realized that these Ward Churchills, who owed everything that they had to the sacrifices of others, believed what they were saying: that America was an evil country, and that all other cultures were superior to ours.

The problem we all face is that these people, whom Bill O’Reilly calls ‘secular-progressives’, not only deny the seriousness of Islamic terrorism, but also try in every way to hamstring our attempts to defend ourselves and our culture. 9/11 woke some of them up – people on the left like Christopher Hitchens and Alan Dershowitz and Nick Cohen**, but most of them won’t change their minds about the dangers we face until more horrific terrorist acts take place here.

I have to face the fact that the only realistic hope I can have for the future is that all America will wake up and start pulling together after only a few more mass atrocities like 9/11 happen here, and that my children and my grandchildren will be able to avoid large gatherings in the meantime. This country has always been blessed by good luck and great men at moments of crisis. May God continue to watch over us.

*a main character in many of W.E.B. Griffin’s great books

**”WHY is it, asks British journalist Nick Cohen, that apologies for a militant Islam, which stands for everything the liberal Left is against, come from the liberal Left? Why are you as likely to read about the alleged conspiracy of Jews controlling American foreign policy in a literary journal as in a neo-Nazi hate sheet? Why, after the bomb attacks in the London underground, did left-leaning British newspapers run pieces excusing the suicide bombers, these same young men who were motivated by "a psychopathic theology from the ultra-Right"?

Why, in short, have Left and Right changed places? Nick Cohen is not the first to write about the unholy alliance between Western liberals and extreme right Islamic fundamentalists, but he does it in a particular and powerful way in his new book What's Left? How Liberals Lost Their Way.” From The Left is onside with hate, The Australian, February 1, 2007

Labels: ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

10 Comments:

At 6:29 AM, Blogger John Carey said...

Russ: Thanks for another wonderful essay NOT JUST for the grandchildren....

John E. Carey
http://johnib.wordpress.com/

 
At 8:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the best Graduate courses I took at Providence College, (ironic that I decided to go to Providence rather than Boston so as to avoide the more liberal Jesuits), was the "History of Israel BEFORE the Exile"

In that course we had to take Biblical events and research their history in non-Biblical sources. The common thread in all the events was that whenever "God's People - the nations of Israel and Judah", turned from His ways, God would "Allow" something to happen to them.

That came in various forms of attack, etc. from outside.

When I've studied various Catholic Marian Apparitions such as at Fatima Portugal in 1917 and Mary predicted an end to the War (WWI), but also said that unless men turned from their evil ways, that a worse war would begin during the reign of Pope....."

She predicted that Russia would spread her errors in the world. Those 3 kids knew very little about the political reality of the world and the Boshevics didn't rise up until after.

She also said in 1917 that more souls were going to Hell because of Sexual Sins (imagine hearing that in 1917 - 3 kids with very little formal education and knowledge of the Worlds.

Imagine now with Cable, DISH, HomoSexual Marriage, etc. is it not possible that GOD (not ALLAH) might "Allow" some more things to happen to "Wake up" America?

Yesterday, I just saw a Christian Network special on the Faith of George W. Bush. It was amazing the hear what folks observe in the White House, how often he Prays and meditates on Scripture.

Anyway, I fear that we history will repeat itself and our "Free" society will need an Awakening.

Keep the Faith, We really need it now.

 
At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you actually support Clinton in bombing Serbia ? Somehow, I can't believe you.

Also, Serbia wasn't our ally nor did they protect Jews ... more fantasies of yours.

Lastly, you actually hope for a few MORE atrocities on American soil like 9/11 ? Wow, you are one sick puppy.

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger RussWilcox said...

Re above comment:
A. Yes, I supported the President. He is the only person in the country with the responsibility and the authority to deal with foreign threats.
B. You better read some history. Serbia was indeed our ally, and the Bosmians allied with Hitler.
C. This is a completely twisted interpretation of what I said.

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Blazingcatfur said...

Keep up the good work Russ and here is pleasant change of pace for you - yet another member of the left - Terry Glavin defending Nick Cohen on his blog - http://transmontanus.blogspot.com

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Watchman said...

The second Anonymous you replied to didn't even deserve an answer, Russ. I've been dealing with these liberal idiots long enough to know their techniques. He is the sick puppy.No wonder he is anonymous.

 
At 5:18 AM, Blogger Ronbo said...

The Hell with the Left and Treason!

The time has come for a Second American Revolution!

"Down with the traitor, up with the star!"

Beware The Anger Of The American Military!

 
At 5:15 AM, Blogger Joseph Martini said...

Hello Russ. I just clicked your blog through a link on Free Republic. Excellent essay! Keep up the good work.

DO NOT be deterred by the ravings of Leftist Losers like the anonymous above. I get comments on my blog that are so vicious I'm tempted to delete them, but I don't. Even the most benign or innocuous statement gets twisted into an anti-American rant.

And then they slither down to their perceived moral high ground by claiming that acting and speaking in an unpatiotic manner is the the most profound expression of their patriotism. And they call you a sick puppy.

BTW: That same phrase is thrown at me. Probably the same kook.

Try my blog at : http:/give-n-go.blogspot.com

I'm very interested in your opinion.

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger RussWilcox said...

Joseph Martini, If you post an e-mail address I can use, I'll correspond with you. I have added your blog to mu blogroll via Bloglines.

 
At 5:33 AM, Blogger Joseph Martini said...

Hi Russ,

You can email me at:

martini@chimaeragroup.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home